Help God with His dream and He will make all your dreams come true beyond your greatest dreams or expectations.

This is as pure a reality in my life as breathing oxygen to live.

God’s dream is to see man restored to Him, that’s why He gave His Son. His dream is the church.

We all have dreams of things we want to do and accomplish, of places we want to go and things we’d like to see or even of the ‘somebodies’ we’d like to become. Some of us will experience those or at least some of those dreams come true, some of us will never get to experience it. But what if there was a way, a key to having those dreams come true. Even if it isn’t all of them, but at least one. Would we like to have that key? I would. And by the grace of God I did find that key. I found it in the church, and here’s how!
I had and still have passions and lifelong dreams regarding sporting events or races I would love to do before I am too old or the Father calls me home to heaven one day. They are things that might be silly to others but mean a lot to me, like swimming Robin Island, running the Comrades marathon and doing the Hawaii Iron Man Triathlon. These are all impossible dreams, but I believe they can come true with some faith and obedient effort on my end.
I however have over the years learnt form the scriptures, in particular, Mat 6:33  But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added to you.
Apostle Andre has taught us over the years that I have been at Harvester Reformational Church, that when we make seeking Him the most pre-eminent thing in our lives He will take care of so many things we think we need to take care of, and if we make the effort to help God with His dream, then He will make all our dreams come true beyond our wildest dreams or imaginings.
I did this, by the grace of God and the leading of the Holy Spirit by giving up my beloved sport in 1996 to attend Life of Christ Bible College (now Miracle Bible College) and learn to hear God from an open Bible. I functioned in the church in whatever my hand found to do and allowed God to start His remolding and reshaping, cleansing and purging work in my life, which still continues today J And although the above mentioned scripture speaks about physical provision, we can apply it to everything we do because seeking His Kingdom is not only to study His word and going to church, but to help that work of Mat 28:19  Therefore go and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
Mat 28:20  teaching them to observe all things, whatever I commanded you. And, behold, I am with you all the days until the end of the world. Amen.
By doing this we are also seeking His Kingdom because we are helping to establish it all over the earth by planting churches and Bible colleges in one. Now the word isn’t just going forth but it is also being planted and grafted into the hearts and minds of people and through this the Kingdom is established in their lives and they are conformed into the image of Christ more and more.
I lay down and died to these sporting dreams and a number of others over a period of time. It was a once off decision to do it but the ambition and striving took time to die and stay buried and not resurrect them again!
I eventually completely forgot about these and at the Summit in 2007 apostle Andre during one of the sessions says to us; “Now take a piece of paper and a pencil, and in pencil write down without meditating about it the first, ten things you would like to accomplish in your life. But don’t go and think about it now, just quickly, off the top of your head write down these ten things.” We all did, and my goodness, when I looked at what I had written once we were done, there at number one, completely contrary to where my ambitions at that point were lying, I had written – ‘I want to swim Robin Island’. This is eleven years after I had completely stopped all my sport, I wasn’t even doing it recreationally.
And from here God opened one door after the other.
He sent me a coach, business men in the church contributed to the costs in getting gear for the team I had to use that day according to the rules of the race, as well as for the food and beverages I needed to supply for them for their time on the boat. And the Bible College covered the cost of the fuel needed for the boat. On the 28th of April 2008 I embarked from Robin Island together with 100 other swimmers to swim back to Blouberg Beach. The entire testimony of the swim itself is another blog all on its own.


Why am I writing about all this? Easy really. God’s desire and dream is to see that what He created comes to its full potential. That would be us as men and women. He wants to complete the work He has started in our lives. He wants to complete the work He started on His church. If there was no Bible College for me to go to, there would not have been much change in my life. I still today live off and live out the things I learnt at Bible College in 1996 and 1997. It has an eternal working effect in my life. The church has an eternal working effect in my life. I don’t help God with His dream so that He can make my dreams come true, no because He loves me so much I gladly help Him with His dream because the more I am part of His dream, the church, the more my hopes and desires and dreams line up with His and become the same dream. Because I choose willingly, not of my own but with the help of the Holy Spirit to obey and allow God to add me to a local body and to add me to the Bible college and with the bit of patience I have, allow God to work in my life, He made a dream of mine come true. And now in turn I continue to do my part in making His dream come true.
I do this because He has proven His love for me over and over and over in so many, many, ways and they each make perfect sense to me. Out of His love for me I work to make His dream come true. Nothing can transform a life, a marriage, a family, a community, a city and a nation like the word of God.
How will all these areas become transformed? If someone goes and preaches. But how will someone go and preach, and teach and instruct if they are not sent? And how can they be sent if they are not trained and transformed themselves and continue being transformed? And how can someone be transformed if they have nowhere to go and be loved, accepted and trained, or if no one has gone to lay down their lives to create a place where others can come to be accepted, loved, healed and trained. Rom 10:12  For there is no difference both of Jew and of Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call on Him.
Rom 10:13  For everyone, "whoever shall call on the name of the Lord will be saved."
Rom 10:14  How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without preaching?
Rom 10:15  And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace and bring glad tidings of good things!"
Rom 10:16  But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, "Lord, who has believed our report?"
Rom 10:17  Then faith is of hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.
And so the cycle goes around and around and around. Therefore I advertise market and promote church and Bible College. And as I am added to this particular body and I am committed to this particular vision, I help this particular Bible College because this is where God fulfilled and continually fulfills these things in my life and in that of my husband and my children.Therefore we heartily invite you to the Miracle Bible College Family Waters Sports Bursary Fundraiser on 16 November 2013 at The Settlers High School in Bellville Cape Town. Entry forms available via glass.celeste@yahoo.com

(c) Celeste Glass

(http://www.harvesterchurch.net  Helping in the Body of Christ, and the characteristics of helpers in the Body of Christ – preached 19 November 2008)
Thank you to Stefan FOurie from Fourie and associates, Sean Orme from Ross and Son and Jean-Pierre Uys form Jeane-Pierre Uys Photography for their donations that helped make that great dream of mine come true, God bless you.




Popular posts from this blog

Being part of something bigger than yourself, something eternal………….

Through Faith and Patience

False images of God = False images of self = False images of others

Peacefully blessed weekend away

The story of a girl and a horse

Run, with the medal already in your pocket

Come to the Good News!!!!!

He who made you is able to complete all that concerns you – our journey with dyslexia part 1 - Discovering help